Pentair IntelliFlo Variable-Speed Pump - EC-011028
The Pentair IntelliFlo Variable-Speed Pump - EC-011028 allows custom programming of optimum pump speeds for specific tasks such as filtering, heating, cleaning, spa jets and waterfalls. For virtually all applications, the optimum speed is lower than the preset, unchangeable speeds of older pumps.
When water moves more slowly for longer periods, it helps reduce the occurrence of algae that forms more easily when water is pumped briskly and then allowed to rest for long intervals. Your filter works more effectively because it has more time to sift out particles from the water, and because particles aren't forced through the filter media under needlessly high pressure. Automatic chemical dispensers and chlorinators also work better when water is kept moving.
Traditional pumps operate at set, unchangeable speeds. Those speeds are almost always higher than required. As a result, they overpower the jobs they're assigned to do, which wastes energy.
Most pool pumps, even so-called energy-efficient models, still use the traditional technology of an induction-style motor. The IntelliFlo pump uses an advanced permanent magnet motor the same technology found in today's hybrid cars. Result: savings of up to 90%, even compared to high efficiency single-speed and two-speed pumps.
IntelliFlo pumps introduced a new level of quiet to the pump world. With their permanent magnet motors, totally enclosed fan-cooled (TEFC) design, and low average operating speed, they're so whisper-quiet that you may not even know they're operating.The IntelliFlo pump's permanent magnet motor virtually eliminates the unpleasant high-pitched noise found in other so-called quiet variable speed pumps - so you enjoy a more relaxing, satisfying pool and spa experience.
With IntelliFlo pumps you can add equipment and features, or change them, without reducing pump performance and efficiency. Add a solar system or water feature, or change your filter. Just push a button to set the new optimum speed for the lowest energy use. You keep saving, even as your pool system changes.
- 3 Horsepower Variable Speed Pump
- Energy savings up to 90% versus traditional pumps
- 8 programmable speed settings and built-in timer assure optimum speed and run times for maximum efficiency and savings
- Ultra-efficient permanent magnet motor design reduces noise and vibration for greater efficiency and longer pump life
- Dramatically quieter operation - as low as 45 decibels
- Totally enclosed fan-cooled (TEFC) design and low average operating speed makes IntelliFlo the quietest pump on earth
- Fully compatible with IntelliTouch, EasyTouch, SunTouch® and other brands of digital pool/spa controls for managing pump, heating, lighting, spa jets and water features.
- Built in diagnostics protect the pump for longer service life
- Typical cost savings of $620 to $1,360 each year 1.
- Energy savings up to 90% versus traditional pumps.
- Dramatically quieter operation, as low as 45 decibels.
- 8 programmable speed settings and built-in timer assure optimum speed and run times for maximum efficiency and savings.
- Ultra-efficient permanent magnet motors, as used in advanced hybrid cars.
- Precise matching of motor speed to your pool's needs.
- Totally enclosed fan-cooled (TEFC) motor design for long life and quiet operation.
- Built-in diagnostics protect the pump for longer service life. And today
- Permanent magnet motor design for greater efficiency.
- More total energy savings than any other pool pump family in history.
- Integrated keypad, no need to purchase separately at additional cost.
- Over 5 years of proven in-field reliability.
- Exclusive software and digital controls make programming a cinch.
- Easy installation for inground pools and pool/spa combos of all types and sizes, new or aftermarket.
- Full compatibility with IntelliTouch, EasyTouch, SunTouch or other brands of digital pool/spa controls for managing pump, heating, lighting, spa jets, water features, and more... from practically anywhere, anytime.